1) How long have you been rapping? About 5 years
2) If I wasn’t rapping, I would be… doing something i dont love as much as rapping.
3) Where are you from? What is the hip hop/rap scene like where you are from? Houston, Texas. The rap scene is versatile in my eyes. You have some rappers that stick to the orgins of houston rap. Which emulate those like the screwed up click, ugk, the geto boys and the rest of the greats. Then you have some trying to diversify the scene and experiment with other types of hip/hop, but still keep their southern roots instilled. Which i think makes for great music.
4) How did you hear about KBS and what made you decide to attend? A close friend of mine d.j blade told me about it. His crew thw southstar dj’s were DJing the event in season one, and blade told me to come check it out.
5) Has KBS been beneficial to you and if so how? Very much so. I was one of ten artist chosen for the raw talent concert. Ms. Susie and Ms. Teresa picked ten artist from kbs whom they felt were impressive, and i was blessed to be one of the ten. It led to recording a cypher at studio 713 and recording a video for the cypher also. Which all was proceeded with an opportunity to perform at warehouse live infront of 600 plus fans. The show was a success and that led to the all the raw talent artists performing the cypher to open up a lil keke concert at warehouse live a couple months later. Although things didnt stop there, i was offered a chance to open up for zero and trae at the house of blues. Meaning more opportunities are yet to come, and im thankful.
6) What do you plan to do outside of KBS to advance your career? Continue to perfect my craft, and release my debut ep FLAMETIME. Also continue to work hard and do my best to get my name out there and hopefully the skys the limit.
7) What are you currently working on? What projects if any have you released. Flametime 1 & 2 are in the works. Both are pretty much complete, just have to put the finishing touches on them(im a perfectionist). Shout out to my producer southstar sounds. He produced all the track on both eps.
8) Have you met anyone at KBS or as a result of KBS that you look up to? I respect doughbeezy and where he has gotten. Were both from the southeast, we once recorded at the same studio back in 07, but never met lol. I remember seeing him 3 years ago infront of bikini beach trying to sell his mixtape, and i actually freestyled against him trying to see what he had (thats just the competitor in me). Fast forward 3 years and he has came a long way. I respect his hard work and his consistency. It has paid off….
9) Who are your influences and if you had to compare your style to someone, who would it be? Growing up i listened to too short, 2pac, The Dead end alliance, and mostly Lil Wayne and anything Cash Money.
10) Who do you believe is the best unsigned rapper in Houston and why? I am, reason being is i feel i can make any type of song, cross-over to any genre,and i have multiple styles. also i feel im an enterainer, i give my all on the stage. I am a complete artist, i can do it all.